I'm receiving several emails with questions about my Portrait, Advertisment and Fine Art Photography, so I decided to create this little compendium with answers to the most common ones :)
I hope you will find it useful. If you don't find your answer feel free to contact me.
- How long have you been shooting commercial photography ? 20 years.
- What camera do you use? I have two Leica SL with SL, M and R Lenses.
- Do you shoot medium format ? Rarely, but if I need it for a specific project I rent a Leica S medium format camera with lenses.
- Do you shoot film? I've been shooting film for many years. Now I'm 100% into digital.
- Do you shoot JPG or Raw files? Is there an option here ? I shoot Raw files but my camera is set to save also lowres jpeg that I will use for a fast preview on my computers.
- What's your studio equipment? I use Leica Cameras and Elinchrom light equipment. If you are curious about the detail youclick on my Gear Page.
- How many pictures do you shoot in a portrait session? Does it really matter ? It may really depend on how the session goes and how much time the subject wants to share with me. I remember that in some sessions I had the opportunity to shoot only one picture. Normally around 30 images are more then enough.
- Do you do your own post-processing? My portraits and creative photography are post produced by me. Some of my advertising photography has been post produced by Storm Studio that I own together with Fabio Timpanaro and Antonella Catanese.
- Do you digitally manipulate your portrait photographs? Not always but quite often: color correction, skin repair, hair fx.
- Have you taken any schooling or special courses related to photography? I have not taken any formal training but I have never stopped educating myself by reading books, reading things online, and good old fashioned experimentation.
- Who are your photographic influences? I always enjoyed the work of photographers like Richard Avedon, Peter Lindbergh, Steve McCurry, Annie Leibovitz, Eugenio Recuenco and many more. But I'm pretty sure that I've been influenced also by illustrators like Moebius, Miyazaki, Otomo, Brom, Amano, Bilal and Gimenez.
- Did you ever assist a professional photographer? I assisted Steve McCurry on the field for many years. I also assisted Elliott Erwitt, James Nachtwey and Eugene Richards.
- Do you sell fine art prints? Yes I do. I have a photography fine art site: www.eoloperfidofineart.com
Custom Limited Editions printed on exhibition grade fiber paper, numbered and signed. Contact me for costs and availability.
- Do you run workshops? Yes I do. I give group and one on one Portrait and Post Production workshop in my studio. I also run Street Photography Workshops with the Leica Akademie. Contact me or more information.
- Why do you shoot Street Photography ? I always believed in Street Photography as a powerful tool for growth and one of the finest experience in my life.
- Do you have a Street Photography Portfolio ? Yes, you can find it on my Street Photography site: www.walkingphotographer.net
- What camera do you use in your Street Photography work ? Leica Q and Leica M10 are my Street Photography cameras. You can find more info on my Street Photography equipment page.